I love the color, don't you?
There are a lot of cute dresses for summer, be sure to visit Shabby Apple. click HERE.
Now I know these may not intially hit you as being my style, but picture this...
....glossy white and a turquoise linen fabric as a possibility. They will be painted and I am loving the caning. I think with the right paint and fabric, they will lean on the coastal/beachy/mod/vintage side. Initially, I was on the fence about them, they are A LOT taller than the chairs that came along with our vintage dining set, annndddd they are a little fancy (for me). Luckily, the legs are straight, or they would have been a lot fancy for me. But in the end, not only do we have a need for them, but I visualized them painted and I went for it. The caning is in fantastic shape, the little metal detail might go altogether, or might be painted a fun color.
One thing though, don't hold you're breath on seeing the afters of these anytime soon, I know they will take me forever to do....plus I'm in the midst of a dresser project for the master bedroom.
2.) This next picture is a sneaky peaky, I have some more sanding and of course the priming and painting. I'll let your imagination go with this one, but it should be done very soon and I'll show you the inspiration and the finished product all in one over-pictured (I'm sure) post. You might guess what the inspiration is already.
3.) A big thank you to the folks over at Be @ Home for featuring my blog as one of the best on the web, I really appreciate it! Click HERE to take a look at this great website, some great information going on over there.
4.) I have been on the hunt this style of candleholders for some time now. I finally found them at Big Lots. I noticed they had a smaller size, but they had them marked down the same price so I bought two large ones (they are about 14 inches tall) and if I want different sizes, I'll just raise one up on a book or box or use two different sized candles like I did here:
5.) If you have been a reader for any length of time, you know I have been sick and as of late, recovering from a recent surgery. But finally, I am feeling up to creating again and I have listed a couple of wreaths in my Etsy Shop. It's been over 9 months since I listed anything, so I am so happy about this. I feel like creating again, thank the Lord!! My sister and I decided that when I felt creative again, I was on my way to recovery. Not every day is good, but the other day I felt good. I mean really good, it was such a dawning on me, it's been a long time. So. If you feel so inclined to take a peek at the shop I'd love you to (button at the end of this post).
This is the large shell wreath and I did a smaller version too (below).
6.) I want to thank my top referers for this month too, I always forget to do this, thank you ladies!
Finally, I am doing a review on a dress from Shabby Apple and I will be giving you my opinion this week. It is a really cute dress, you're going to love the color.
Oh, and I am having a fun time pinning everything too, are you?
First of all, determine your number of caps by laying them out on your board, sort of a dry fit, so to speak. Determine which will be painted blue, red and white, and separate them, I just eyeballed it. Spray prime them and let them dry, I used cardboard to paint them on and labeled each one the appropriate color so I wouldn't get mixed up...
After the primer has dried, spray on the 3 colors. I used Krylon paints because it dries really fast and you can quickly do 2 or 3 coats. However, I didn't do this all in one day, I let the primer dry over night, and then the final coat of paint over night. I also painted the board white. Now the gluing begins, make sure you have plenty of glue sticks handy, two squeezes of the trigger gets just the right amount of glue per cap.
I wanted to use ribbon as the hanger so I measured in about four inches and used an eye screw on each side of the top to tie the ribbon on.
Attach the ribbon of your choice, I had this flag ribbon on hand, but I saw some cute ribbon at Michael's when I was buying the wired star garland. I made a bow with the star garland and attached it around the eye screw and then tied a small bow with the flag ribbon and wired it on too, leaving some nice long tails.
I used some silver letter stickers and put USA on the lower right hand corner, just in case it wasn't patriotic enough. :)
It is ready to hang on the front door! It looks really festive when you're walking up the walk.
Ok, in retrospect, I think I would rather have the "stripes" in single rows.... a single row of red and white vs. double like I have it. It wasn't until I hung it up did I notice that it would have looked better that way, sometimes I forget to step back from a project. I might change it, but then again, I might be being a little too anal.
Secondly, I should have painted the board black and then the caps would have seemed to be floating, which would have been way cooler, oh well.
All in all, I love how it turned out and it is totally original.
I hope you are inspired to keep collecting bottle caps and put them to use! Thanks for stopping by!